1. Access to Resources, Talent, and Technology: Happy Valley is home to Penn State University, one of the country’s top research universities. People from around the world come to study and conduct research at Penn State, giving local businesses access to a highly educated talent pool. You also have access to Penn State’s scientific, engineering, and technology resources and grad students. In addition, the area offers world-class conference and meeting facilities at The Penn Stater Conference Center Hotel.
2. A Strong Support System for Budding Entrepreneurs: Happy Valley offers a number of resources for startups, as well as established businesses. The incubator at Innovation Park offers space, shared resources, and business coaching from professionals. Entrepreneurs also have the opportunity to join the Centre Region Entrepreneur Network (CREN), which offers a forum for entrepreneurs in central Pennsylvania to get together with their peers and discuss business successes and struggles.
3. It’s a Family Town: Happy Valley is brimming with opportunities for family fun, such as outdoor recreation, sporting events, the performing arts, and much more. Summer brings the nationally renowned Central Pennsylvania Festival of the Arts, with its hundreds of purveyors of fine arts and crafts, music, and food. In the winter, families enjoy First Night, an alcohol-free celebration of New Year’s featuring performances, carriage rides, ice sculpture galleries, and loads of fun activities for kids.
4. Access to a Number of Great Education Options: When it comes to education for your children, you’ll find exactly what you need right here in Happy Valley. Centre County has a number of great school districts, including State College Area School District. The school offers unique courses you won’t find other places, such as culinary and computer programming courses, as well as a broad curriculum of college-preparatory classes. There are also Catholic education options, including Our Lady of Victory Catholic School and St. John the Evangelist Catholic School in Bellefonte for elementary students and Saint Joseph’s Catholic Academy in Boalsburg for high school students. State College also offers over 35 daycare facilities, so you can choose the best option for your family.
5. The Best of Both Worlds: State College isn’t your typical small town. It’s a place that accommodates a diverse range of lifestyles. It’s a town for families, but also suitable for young professionals—offering fine dining, local and well-known entertainment, and a vibrant nightlife. You can live in the heart of State College, on the outskirts of town for a suburban lifestyle, or in nearby rural areas for something more laid back. Our wide range of restaurants can accommodate any dietary needs or preferences. Happy Valley is truly a town for everyone.
6. No shortage of Entertainment: Happy Valley offers a number of venues for the performing arts, including the Center for Performing Arts, The State Theatre, and The Bryce Jordan center. Just this fall, these venues have featured some of the biggest names in the music industry, including Paul McCartney, Mavis Staples & Joan Osborne, Lucinda Williams, and Wynton Marsalis. You can also enjoy the Arts at Palmer Museum of Art and the Bellefonte Art Museum for Centre County. Complement these activities with our abundance of outdoor treasures—Raystown Lake, Tussey Mountain family fun, Penn State sporting events, Spikes professional baseball, Rothrock Forrest, Black Moshannon Park, to name a few—and you will be busy and engaged year-round.
Happy Valley: A welcoming spot for any business endeavor and the families of your employees!